Lauren and Dudley

Lauren and Dudley
Lauren Snider and The Provost

Monday, October 31, 2011

22 1/2 days left....But Who's Counting?

I am.  Counting down the days left of Snoop's vacation that is.  I have to admit that as pathetic as it may sound, I'm having a hard time getting out of bed every morning since I don't have riding Snoopy to look forward to!  His vacation is well deserved and needed no doubt, but that doesn't mean I like it!  I just really look forward to getting on him everyday and can't wait to start putting the finishing touches on him for a successful move up to prelim in early 2012.  Lot's of homework to do and a great plan in place to make sure he's completely ready. 

As you can see he is enjoying himself thoroughly!  It took a lot of hard work to get that dirty and then evil mom goes and gives him a bath!  Don't worry he did the same thing the next day and no bath.  I have plenty of other horses to ride and keep me busy, but it's just not the same.  It's funny when you go to start a new one off the track and all of a sudden your difficult, half-crazy, opinioated upper- level -horse- in- the- making, but still green seems like a fine-tuned 4* horse in comparison!  Gave me a little perspective on just how far Snoop has come.  He is officially the new "big horse" in the barn!

On a totally unrelated note, I promised I would get that pic of my new friends from Midsouth posted and it seems I have finally figured it out.  My new smart phone makes me feel really stupid sometimes!

Well maybe not.  The above photo is from my phone and now I can't get the other one to upload.  AHHHHHH!!!!!  I will keep trying.  Until then GO EVENTING!

Super groom Maggy, Super pony Zena Warrior Princess, and Nicolette Merle-Smith
Oh wait, I just figured it out.  Had to publish the post and then go back in to edit and add the other picture. Oh technology!  

No comments:

Post a Comment